Subscribe Us

Teachers’ Day Special | SEUers’ stories with their teachers

 


    Editor’s note:


Teachers’ Day is a day to acknowledge and appreciate teachers’ hard work and unselfish contributions to a student’s educational life. Today, in a gesture to honor their teachers, SEUers want to share some impressive and touching stories with us. After reading their stories, please never forget to convey your Teachers’ Day wishes to your teachers who have left great impacts on you.


TEACHERS' DAY

Tiancheng E. Song:

I headed back to China and started this new journey at SEU in 2016, no difference from those salmons which return to the rivers seeking more challenges after adventures in the ocean. It has been 4 years since I met this important man in my life, my supervisor Prof. Gao Shan. 

He is an expert in Electrical Engineering and in common sense, I was supposed to know much more than V=IR to win a seat in his lab. Well, the hard truth is that I went on board with him with empty pockets. Please don’t get me wrong, the pockets I am referring to are the engineering knowledge instead of coins and bills. No doubt, it took him much courage to recruit a kid with the background of Agricultural Economics, which most people may find no correlation between these two including myself. 

Prof. Gao has always been very patient with me in answering those questions probably sound like “what’s the sum of 1 and 1” to others in Dongli Building. From basic electrical circuit to static state analysis, neither one of us gave up. He built my basic academic character. He molded me for my future roles as the researcher or engineer in this real world. He made me strong enough to know when I was weak and brave enough to face myself when I was afraid. 

It’s my honor to have this “risky” but fun ride with you in the past 4 years, and more years to come. Thank you, professor. You made me a better person. Happy Teachers’ Day!


Shen Yifei: 

It was the two years as an English class representative in Handan No.1 Middle School that developed a strong sense of responsibility in me. English class representative should be counted as the busiest role in the class with repetitive affairs to deal with day after day. Every morning, I had to bring the tape recorder from the teachers’ office to the classroom, make arrangements for morning reading, and update the English corner on the blackboard. These trifles seemed valueless and meaningless for the majority but for me they made complete sense. 

I can still remember the day when I was elected as the English class representative, Mrs. Yan Lixia, the grade director and also our English teacher, told me pleasantly but sternly, “It’s not easy to be able to do every simple thing well.” Her words, though quite brief, were earnest enough to prompt me to complete each task diligently and fastidiously. Since then I never complained about the repetitive daily work but instead enjoyed a sense of achievement after arranging all these things in an orderly way. 

Thanks to Mrs. Yan’s instruction, I’ve been always working in a scrupulous and responsible way from the past till these days, which benefits me a lot in my scientific research at SEU. On the occasion of Teachers’ Day, thank every teacher who guided and cultivated me!


Muhammad Kashif:


I just graduated from the School of Transportation of SEU. In retrospect of my campus life those years, I really appreciate my supervisor Prof. Li Haojie for his patience, dedication and professionalism. As we know that teaching is an art, Prof. Li knows this art exceptionally well. 

I started my journey with Prof. Li in 2018, when I felt very confused and nervous, wondering how to get my research started and whether I could complete my master’s degree. Prof. Li guided me step by step. He knew very well how to instruct a student to do research and easily relieve my anxiety about work. What impressed me most was that he was available every time when I resorted to him for assistance even amidst his busy schedule. Under his guidance, I reached another key milestone in my life and was ready for the brand new role as a doctoral student. Without his inspiration, I can hardly imagine that how I could go further in the scientific field. 

I will never forget my joyful experience with Prof. Li because I’ve learned very valuable lessons about life which will help me throughout my life. I am very thankful to Prof. Li for his kind behavior towards me throughout my educational journey and I am looking forward to starting a very important journey of my life with him again. 

In the end, I want to say that having a good teacher who can share an amalgamated relationship with the students is a boon. A good teacher should be a good mentor, a philosopher, a guide, a friend and above all a surrogate parent. I am lucky that I have had him in my lifetime.





Post a Comment

0 Comments